Saturday, January 21, 2012

A New Year

The New Year has begun and I am slowly working on making it a great year. One of the things I am hoping for is that I get back to painting and make great improvements on my skill as an artist.

I took a Plein Air workshop with Rusty Jones this past November. It was fabulous and I felt like I learned a lot. Now I must put it all into practice. He is a great inspiration.

Another inspiration was the goals of Daily Paintworks artist Jacki Newell. I edited her list to fit my goals. Hopefully, by putting them out there, I will reach them.

Goals for 2012

1. Paint a small daily painting days a week, at least.

2. Paint 1 or more large paintings a month.

3. Plein Air paint every Friday.

4. Write in my blog a least 4 evenings a week.

5. Spend time editing photos for future paintings in the evenings.

6. Attend a workshop of a painter that I admire

7. Participate in plein air competions this year

8. Paint with other new artists more often.

9. Keep the clutter out of my workspace and out of my mind.

10. Go to new locations to take reference photos and/or paint Plein Air

11. Paint on DFW Streets

12. PAINT EVERYDAY



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis