Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
I was tagged by Austin Artist, Deborah Thomas, I am so flattered. By tagging me, she is saying she thinks my blog is fabulous. I always enjoy looking for Deborah's newest painting. I wish I lived in Austin so I could be one of her regular painting buddies. Visit her blog.
This tag asks me to list five favorite blogs, tell five things about myself and list the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules in your blog
3. Write five random things about yourself
4. Tag random people at the end of your post, with links
5. Let each person know they've been tagged
Five random things about me:
1. I have 2 grown daughters, Ashley and Kiki, and a fabulous husband who is my biggest supporter.
2. In the 90's I owned a gallery in the Uptown Dallas neighborhood (K. Rike Gallery).
3. I'm an "Aramco Brat" having lived in Saudi Arabia in the 50's.
4. I sometimes think it would be fun to be certified sommelier.
5. I dream of being healthy and fit, but seem to have a hard time do my part to make that happen.
My five tag picks:
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
This is from a photo I took while in Taos at a workshop. We were told to go out in the morning and find shadows. The painting took a little more than a day. I've tried painting her several times, each being a wipe off until this time. It was fun.
12 x 12 oil on gallery wrap canvas unframed - $95.00 + Shipping
Click Here to Buy
Monday, March 2, 2009
This Magpie landed in the courtyard of a house I was renting with several other artist. The magpie was accompanied by several other magpies. Fortunately, they were very receptive to having their pictures taken (unlike the crows of Taos).
What character these beautiful birds have.
Today, I finished painting this study. Just so I could feel that I had accomplish a "Painting a day".
Buy this painting from my shopping cart using your PayPal account.
$50.00 Buy now