Friday, January 29, 2010

A View en Plein Air



Suzy Moritz, Kay Wyne and I spent a beautiful day at the Dallas Arboretum painting. (We couldn't convince anyone else from the studio to join us for a plein air day.) This was a new experience for me. Painting en Plein Air. It was a lot of fun... but a whole new challenge. I attempted another painting with a LOT OF STUFF going on in it.... it was a "wiper". So I moved to another location which allowed a more simple view that was of White Rock Lake. Using a pallet knife, I chose to do an abstract of the lake. I know.. this is REALLY simple, but come on... I'm new at this and have had no formal instruction.

I did enjoy the experience and can't wait for the next outing. This day was a beautiful day at the Dallas Arboretum even though there was very little in bloom and most trees were bare.

I will improve because I will persist in getting it with plein air. I will eventually paint a painting that has detail in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis